Carjack may come in handy in many situations where your car needs instant minor repairing and modifications even in the middle of the road. Having a jack is a must whether you are a vehicle owner, an ace mechanic, a weekend tinkerer, or a complete novice. As you might have noticed while scrolling through the internet, there are plenty of options available even for a single category of the jack. So, you as a customer should have prior knowledge of which of the jack may be most suitable for your purposes. The following article will help you get the right car jack you need.
After reading a lot of car jack reviews and watching a lot of videos on Youtube, we have prepared a list of the top 5 best car jacks that would be a good deal to have one of them in your car’s trunk.
Here is the list of top 5 best portable car jacks that you can buy for lifting your car easily.
|Name Of Jack||Image||Capacity|
|Maximum Lift Height||Jack Weight||Jack Type||Rating||Price|
|Torin Big Red Car Jack||1.5|
|15 Inch||7.7 lbs.||Scissor Jack||4.5/5||Check Price|
|Rogtz Electric Car Jack||3 Ton|
|16 Inch||13 lbs.||Electric scissor Jack||4.2/5||Check Price|
|Pro-Lif 767 Floor Car Jack||2 Ton|
|14 Inch||30 lbs.||Floor Jack||4.4/5||Check Price|
|BIG RED T90603B Torin Hydraulic Jack||6 Ton|
|15 inch||4.4 lbs.||Bottle Jack||4.3/5||Check Price|
|Powerbuilt 640912 |
All-In-One 3-Ton Bottle Jack with Jack Stand
|21 Inch||22.7 lbs.||Bottle Jack||4.5/5||Check Price|
How to Choose a Suitable Car Jack For Your Car
While looking through the various options in the market, you might have noticed different types of car jacks and each of these having its unique characteristics. For this very reason, you need to first analyze the 4 types of car jacks, knowing both, their pros as well as cons.
Types of Car Jacks:
1. Scissor Jack
A scissor jack is a classic jack that is a pocket-friendly option. Scissor Jacks are small and portable and are the best options if you are looking for carrying inside the car boot for roadside repairing. While buying these jacks, be sure that you evaluate the basic aspects like minimum and maximum height allowed along with the maximum weight tolerable by the jack. These jacks work mechanically by turning the crank and hence would require a lot of human effort, so it will be an ineffective option for heavier vehicles.
2. Floor Jacks
A floor jack is widely used as a car jack. It is easy to roll around on four wheels and the long handle lets the operator pump the hydraulic lift to get the car off the ground with ease. It can lift and lower a vehicle in less than ten pumps of the handle. It comes in very handy for quick tire changing and repairing. Some of the shortcomings of the floor jack are it occupies quite an amount of space and can not be used for tall or very heavy vehicles. One thing which you should make sure to do is to choose a jack that has been approved to lift the weight of your vehicle.
3. Hydraulic Bottle Jack
A hydraulic jack works on the principle of pascal’s law which means you need to apply only a small amount of pressure on the jack lever and you will be able to lift even heavier vehicles with much ease. There are different types of hydraulic jacks, but here we will talk about the bottle jacks because the others cost more and are designed specifically for workshops. Many of these models have a wide base for extra stability. Hydraulic Bottle Jacks are compact and have a vast range of lift capacity.
4. Electric Jack
In an Electric Jack, the motor allows you to automate the car lifting using a simple remote control. This way you would be able to use it with much more than the above two. These are available in a wide variety, so you will need to properly analyze what is the required maximum weight you need the jack to lift and the lifting power of the jack.
While choosing a car jack, the following questions arise that forms the basis for selecting your car jack:
- What is the purpose of buying the car jack and for which type of vehicle you will use it?
- What is the free space available to keep the car jack and ease of operation you want?
- What is the maximum weight you want to lift?
- What is the maximum lifting height you would want for the vehicle?
The answer to the first and second questions will decide the type of car jack that will be most suited to your needs i.e. whether you need the car jack to replace your car’s tires in the middle of the road which will be kept in the boot of your car or you need to keep it inside your small or large garage for minor repairing or modifications, the type of vehicle you are using it for whether it is heavy or lightweight vehicle and the amount of ease of operation you want while using the car jack.
The answer to the third and fourth questions may depend on the weight of the vehicle you need to lift and the amount of lift to the vehicle you require to give from the car jack. While choosing the right fit, firstly look at the maximum weight lifting capacity and maximum lifting height you want from the jack. In today’s market, you can find numerous sizes of car jacks, with a range of lifting capacity and lifting heights. Ground clearance plays an important role here, you need to place the jack without damaging the body of the vehicle.
How to Choose a Car Jack For You?
Equipping yourself and investing in a jack useful for the type of vehicle you are using and with a lifting capacity equal to or greater than the required value and required maximum height is a must.
If you have an economy car, choosing a scissor jack would be effective but at the same time, it would prove completely useless with an SUV. In these cases, you want a car jack that is power combined with practicality and hence you should go for a bottle jack. But, if you own a workshop and if you are a professional, then you won’t be satisfied with a bottle jack and would require a floor jack as they are much easier to move and have a higher lifting capacity which makes them more efficient.
The market offers different solutions valid for all budgets and what matters here is buying the right model suitable for your specific needs.
Above I have given you a list of top 5 best portable car jacks to lift your car. Now lets move forward and discuss each one of them in Detail.
Best Portable Car Jacks: Review
The Torin BIG RED T10152 steel scissor lift jack car kit may be a collapsible, compact jack that will be used as a rugged replacement jack or as an additional utility jack that will be stored within the trunk of your car. Engineered employing a drop forged alloyed steel construction for quality and sturdiness and features a lifting range of 4-1/8″ to 15-1/8″ with a 1.5 ton (3,000 lb) capacity. It’s equipped with an extra-wide base which adds stability and strength. The 1 piece handle delivers on-the-spot quick response and speed to urge the work done quickly and safely. This unit is 100% factory tested for reliability and safety to satisfy and suit ANSI/ASME PASE safety standards. Includes a limited 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Collapsible, steel scissor lift jack has a compact design that can be used as a rugged replacement jack or as an extra utility jack that can be stored in the trunk of your car
- Features a lifting range of 4-1/8″ to 15-1/8″ with a 1.5 ton (3,000 lb) capacity
- Engineered using a drop forged alloyed steel construction for quality and durability
- Equipped with an extra-wide base that adds stability and strength; 1 piece handle delivers on-the-spot quick response and speed
- Meets ANSI/ASME PASE safety standards and includes a limited 1-year manufacturer warranty
|Item Weight||7.7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||26.38 x 19.09 x 9.45 inches|
|More Details||Check Here|
- Maximum lifting height of 15 Inch
- Weighs only 7.7 lbs
- Equipped with an extra-wide base that adds stability and strength
- drop forged alloyed steel construction for quality and durability
- 1 piece handle delivers on-the-spot quick response and speed
- ANSI/ASME safety standard met
- Ineffective for larger vehicle and Lifting Capacity is only 3000 lbs
- Manually lifting, Requires higher amount of effort
This is a model from ROGTZ, the ROGTZ Electric Car Floor Jack. It has attachments that can fit sedans and SUVs. Pressing the control button can lift or lower the jack. It comes as a handy carrying case and can lift to 6000 pounds and from 16 inches off the ground. 1 minute to jack your car, what you would like to try to do is simply lighting the facility, standing aside, and pressing the button, effortless and efficient. Electric jack with heavy-duty high-density steel as well as scissor structure provides high stability. The auto-stop working system makes it safer to operate. The convenient built-in flash LED light enables operation within the dark or in the dimmed light with no additional lighting tools.
- Two removable raised heads are respectively designed for Sedan and SUV. Vehicles under 3 tons can be easily lifted, but DO NOT use it on trucks and those beyond 3 tons.
- It is often connected to either a 12 V outlet or automobile battery, two connector choices make it a necessary car repair tool when run into roadside emergencies. reinforced solid screw rod makes the electrical car jack won’t easily be torn apart or twisted
- It takes ONLY about 2 minutes to succeed in a maximum height (17in) with loading capacity as high as 3T. Car Electric Jack with Controller is ideal for emergent roadside tire change and repair.
- The convenient built-in flash LED light enables operation within the dark or in the dimmed light with no additional lighting tools.
- All the electrical jacks are equipped with a strong, firm suitcase, which helps to keep the components and parts well organized, and conveniently fits in your vehicle.
|Manufacturer||Jinyun County TianYang Tools Co., Ltd|
|Item Weight||13.07 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17 x 10.3 x 5.3 inches|
|More Details||Check Here|
- Lifts upto 6000 pounds
- Lifting height 16 inches off the ground
- Kept in a powerful firm suitcase
- Weighs only 13.07 lbs
- The built-in flash LED light
- Manual Free Cranking
- Relatively slow to use after 3-4 consecutive uses
- Overloading can cause serious damage
The Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack heavy capacity Car Jack is easily affordable and can be used in various applications. It has a high Lifting range of 3.5 Inches to 14 Inches. It is made up of heavy-duty steel, with a Loading capacity of 2 Ton, making it Stable for an extensive application. It is highly durable and can withstand for long service time. It has a built-in Safety valve that Provides Overload protection and is rust-resistant. The Car Jack is suitable for vehicles of most heights but has a restricted loading capacity of 2 Tons.
- Extra low profile
- Lifting range of 3-1/2 inches to 14 inches
- Patented bypass device protects against over pumping for safe operations
- Built-in safety valves provide overload protection. Rust Resistant
- Heavy-duty steel construction provides long term durability
|Item Weight||30 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.91 x 5.32 x 8.47 inches|
|More Details||Check Here|
- Extensive range of lifting height (3.5 Inches- 14 Inches)
- It is Provided with extra-low Profile
- lift cars with low ground clearance
- Built-in Safety Valve for Overload protection
- Patented bypass device protects over Pumping
- Made of Heavy-duty steel for longer durability
- Not Applicable for heavy-duty vehicles and SUVs
- It is a Manual lift
- Cost is High compared to Others
The BIG RED T90603B Torin Hydraulic Welded Bottle Jack is designed specifically for residential and commercial use. It follows all the ASME PASE Safety standards and comes with One year of Manufacturer Warranty. It is Strong enough to lift Load up to 6 Tons (12000 lb), with a lifting range from 8.50 Inches to 16.25 Inches. This Device is very Cost-effective. The Device is a semi-automatic lifting device, which reduces our effort to lift the Object using Glide-action Pressure Pump. It has a Built-in Oil bypass and Overload valve that Protects the Device from Extending beyond the given limit. The Device is easy to operate and has a secure grip for semi-automatic lifting. It is highly machined and polished, making it a leak-proof hydraulic system. This Device is suitable for long ranges of Operation from small vehicles to SUVs and maybe heavy-duty vehicles.
- Hydraulic bottle jack designed for residential and commercial use; Serrated, heat treated saddle provides generous lifting area and secure grip
- Features a lifting range of 8-1/2″ to 16-1/4″ with a 6 ton (12,000 lb) capacity; Adjustable screw top extension adds versatility
- Engineered using a drop forged alloyed steel construction for quality and durability; the Inner/outer welded structure delivers leak-free performance
- Glide-action pressure pump is designed to lift with minimal effort; Integrated built-in oil-bypass and overload valve that protects the hydraulic system from extending beyond limits
- Meets ASME PASE safety standards and includes a limited 1-year manufacturer warranty
|Item Weight||4.4 Pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.25 x 4.25 x 5 inches|
|More Details||Check Here|
- It is Less Costly than Other Car Jacks.
- Semi-Automatic lifting reduces the effort for lifting the Car Jack
- It can be used for Large Applications, from small-sized vehicles to Some Heavy-Duty Vehicles.
- Safety Valve protects the device from Operating beyond the limits
- ANSI/ASME PASE safety standards.
- It is less rust-resistant compared to other Car Jack.
The Powerbuilt 3 Ton All-in-One UniJack is meant to securely lift and hold both regular and unibody cars and trucks. All Unibody vehicles have factory-approved lifting points to stop damage when jacking up the vehicle. But with a standard jack, it’s challenging to properly lift and hold a unibody vehicle, because once the vehicle is raised with a jack, there’s no space left to feature a jack stand. The Powerbuilt 3 Ton All-in-One solves this problem with a clever design that both safely lifts and securely holds a Unibody vehicle employing a single lift point. The Unijack offers both concave and flat lifting surfaces to accommodate a good sort of lift points. What’s more, it eliminates the value and hassle of a floor jack, it’s easier to lift, move and store and costs tons less too. The 6000 pound All-in-One offers a lift range from 11 to 21 inches, which makes it perfect for trucks, SUVs, and vans.
- Dimensions: 9.75″L x 9.75″W x 12.25″H. Patented design combines jack stand and bottle jack in one unit
- The safety bar locks the unit at the specified height. This jack is for trucks and off-road type vehicles
- Portable jack designed to securely Lift and hold both Regular and unibody cars and trucks
- Highly durable. Wide steel base for stability under load. Height range is 11 inch to 21 inches, but its default lift range is 11 to 17.25 inch, it is often raised 21 inches if adjusted manually
- Strong safety bar keeps the jack from lowering once it’s been raised to maximum height
|Manufacturer||All Trade Tools|
|Item Weight||22 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.75 x 9.75 x 12.25 inches|
|More Details||Check Here|
- Designed to safely lift and hold both regular and unibody cars and trucks.
- The safety bar locks the unit at the desired height.
- High durability and Wider steel base for stability under varying load.
- Lifts and supports a variety of vehicles with a 6000-pound capacity
- Lift range of 11″ to 21″
- Heavier in Weight
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the ideal size of car jack I should get for my car?
This may depend on the weight of the car. It is best to find car jacks that have maximum lifting capacity more than what your car weighs. For example: If your car weighs 5500 pounds, a three-ton jack would be ideal.
- Is a floor jack with an extended pump handle better?
You can easily lift the car by pumping the handle and the effort required by you will be less in this case. Also, you won’t have to crawl to pump the handle.
2. What are the differences between floor jack and trolley jack?
The trolley jacks are heavier and less portable whereas the floor jack cost less and more portable, which makes them useful for repairing and modifying larger vehicles on the roadside.
3. Can you use any jack on any car?
No, you can’t use any jack on any car as we need to look up the car jack that will be strong enough to support your car.